Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Weight Loss Wednesdays June 8, 2011


I am back to posting my weight twice a week for now.  I wasn't quite sure how I wanted to arrange my posts.  I am going to continue weighing in on Mondays and posting for Plus Size Bloggers Bye Bye Booties challenge and the Slimmer this Summer challenge.  Maybe next week I will just link that post up to Weight Loss Wednesdays.  Not sure yet.  Guess there is nothing wrong with weighing twice a week.  I know some weigh themselves every day.  I stopped doing that because the daily fluctuations frustrated me.

Thanks be to God, I have re-motivated and have been sticking to my goals.  I am getting my water in, though sometimes it is just the 8 cups like I was doing and not the 10 recommended for Slimmer this Summer.  I am also drinking my green tea faithfully again.  I am not eating after dinner.  I have not been quite so good with the snacking (yesterday I made the mistake of munching on the leftover raviolis from lunch while I was on the phone).  I have been getting a walk around town and/or stepped for 30 minutes at night.  Sure beats feeling like my day is gone when I exercise in the morning.  Though I miss my aerobics DVD and the Wii (of course the balance board isn't working anyway).
It would be a little easier to get my morning devotions in if my 4 year old daughter didn't wake me up 3 times in the middle of the night (hmmhmm...4am, 5am, 6am).  Working on this one as it is the most important of all my goals of course.
So, I have had a really good week.  A little shocked actually:



Previous Wednesday Weight: 226.4
Weight on Monday: 223.4
Today's Weight: 221.8
Weight loss from last week: -4.6 (huh?)
Weight change from Monday: -1.6

I'm once again staring at that 220 I wanted to be for my birthday two months ago. 

Total Loss since weight loss journey got serious on December 13th 2010: 40.1!!
And now for the question asked by Alicia over at Confessions of a Snowflake

Motivation
Why did you decide to lose weight in the first place?  What was that motivating factor that moved you to action?
I will be sharing more about this at a later date, suffice it to say I didn't like huffing and puffing up the stairs and being out of breath when I wanted to read the children their stories at bedtime.  It was the same as when I was pregnant and I didn't like it.  I also realized I had gotten a lot bigger than I thought.  I had made it back up to the weight I was right before the baby was born, and she was 8 months old.  I don't want to be to fatigued to play with the girls, I want to be able to play in the park with them, and I want to see them grow up and be there for them.


It is not too late to join in on the  Plus Size Bloggers challenge.  She is keeping it open through today.  Head on over to check it out.

7 comments:

  1. YAY!!!! for your weight loss! And congratulations for getting re-motivated! That is half the battle right there.

    Thanks for sharing your motivating factor. I agree with you...completely! My son is now a teenager & I want to be able to keep up with him...including outside activities.

    Keep up the good work!
    And thanks for joining Weight Loss Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your scale, what kind is it? Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice on the scale. Isn't it nice when it actually cooperates?

    ReplyDelete
  4. hooray for weight loss !! I hate huffing and puffing before the kiddos when they're ready for more and I need a time out!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, this is incredible. You're doing a great job. 40 pounds since December is great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're doing great, best of luck to you. Love to read.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The 40 pounds are awesome! Also the fact that you weigh with socks on...that has to be an ounce...heeheehee. Part of my inspiration for losing weight is to be a good example to my daughter, who is seven. I want to be strong and fearless!

    ReplyDelete