Thursday, June 2, 2011

Weight Loss Wednesdays A Day Late, Plus Two New Weight Loss Challenges

I am frustrated and excited at the same time.  I have had another week of not meeting my goals.  I know I have gained weight, I am just not sure how much.  The balance board is once again not working.  The batteries were left in it and it drained them too much again I guess. The last time this happened I had to buy brand new rechargeable batteries, because the charger would not charge them sufficiently enough to be used in the balance board.  So, I now have to use the digital scale, which might work out better, because I noticed one thing about the Wii Board, it was not always very accurate.  It would give me different weights within minutes of each other if it was moved a foot.  Unfortunately the digital scale is a least 2 pounds off from the balance board according to Steven.  I am actually putting this week's weight down as a new starting weight.  That is because I am starting two new challenges for the summer.  Plus Size Bloggers is once again hosting a challenge, and this time there are lots of prizes.  Head on over to join up, the challenge officially starts on June 6th and runs through August 29th.  What kind of goal are you looking at? A loss of 15 pounds in this 12 week period.  Think you can't lose that much in 12 weeks, don't worry, there are prizes just for checking in and tracking your progress.

To help me along the way to making the goal for this challenge I am also going to be joining in on Debbi's Slimmer This Summer Weight Loss Challenge




There are a few more details with her challenge. Here is the low down:
We need to 
1. Blog our goals!!
2. Track food and water as it is essential (This is the one I may have trouble with. Anyone have any simple quick ideas for tracking while trying to keep up with 3 little girls?)
3. Watch calories and drink water (I am actually not following this quite as stated as I am still nursing)
4. Get moving!
5. Stay accountable and blog weekly with results.
6. Have fun
7. Challengers should support other challengers.

Head on over to Debbi Does Dieting to check out the details.

I am not sure how to show my weight.  It was obviously a gain. I was snacking, eating after dinner, eating sweets, not getting my water, not drinking my green tea, not exercising.  Which is still bothering me.  I started out May with such high hopes and it was a complete flop. I am going to put the last two months behind me.  April was bad, but May was worse.  And because of the Balance Board not working I am not sure how my weight compares.  According to the numbers I am actually more than I was at the beginning of the May challenge.  If I take into account that my son says the digital scale is usually 2 pounds more than the Balance Board then I ended this month at about the same weight.  From now on I will be using the digital scale for my weigh ins, that way there will be no confusion.  Unfortunately that means no pretty pictures of my Mii.  Oh well.
This is a new start:

Today's Weight (Starting weight for the 2 challenges): 226.4


Total Loss since weight loss journey got serious on December 13th 2010: 35.5!!





I'm also excited because I am going to be guest blogging over at Plus Size Bloggers.

4 comments:

  1. Good for you!!!! I love that you are not focusing on the bad, but looking forward. At 35 lbs lost, you have a lot to be proud of! I'm sure june will be a much better month!

    Blessings to you my friend!
    And thank you for joining Weight Loss Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Wii board is definitely not accurate. Just ignore its number! :) Go by a digital scale and weigh at the same time (I like to after morning bathroom needs are met, naked, so clothes or food don't skew).

    Hey, slumps and setbacks happen. The key thing is to GET BACK UP AND ON THE HORSE and to learn whatever can be learned from the fall.

    If snacking is your issue, then tell yourself snacking is NOT an option and make sure you drink tons of liquid between meals to keep the stomach from sending any snack messages.

    As far as how to track: If the children keep you too busy during their waking hours, just keep a small notebook handy with a pen/pencil (in a jeans pocket or apron pocket or a table where handy). Write down EVERYTHING. EVERYTHING. Every sip and bite and taste and nosh. :) Weight what you can/measure. At the end of the day when the little ones are asleep....maybe then is when you can log on Fitday or Sparkpeople online to get a clearer calorie count and nutrition breakdown. (I found the nutrition breakdown hugely important. It let me know 1. where I had holes in my diet for certain nutrients and 2. it showed me at what macronutrient profile I lost better.

    HTH, later..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Princess Dieter is right, write everything down. Super important. Plus, make a plan. Try to plan the day so you're not left with "I'm hungry, what should I eat?". That can get you in trouble.

    I had a bad month too and will be reporting a gain. Not looking forward to that and it's frustrating. Nothing to do but to get over it and move on. Let's DO this!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Princess Dieter is right, write everything down. Super important. Plus, make a plan. Try to plan the day so you're not left with "I'm hungry, what should I eat?". That can get you in trouble.

    I had a bad month too and will be reporting a gain. Not looking forward to that and it's frustrating. Nothing to do but to get over it and move on. Let's DO this!! :-)

    ReplyDelete