Saturday, January 1, 2011

New Year, New Start 2011 Here I GO!!!

Okay, I am really excited about this coming year.  I have been down in a slump because of the weight gain, knowing it is all my fault.  Laziness and over eating have done me in.  But it is not just that.  I have lost my focus on what is the most important thing.  My relationship with Christ.  I had to ask myself, "When was I doing my best at weight loss and feeling good about myself?"  I know the answer is that I was doing best when I was involved in my Bible Study/Weight Loss group.  Yes, accountability was a big factor.  But when I started the group it was because they were doing a study from First Place, which is a "program" I had tried on my own several years earlier with some success.  I had read the book, and even though Carole Lewis, the author encouraged becoming part of a group, I was unable to where I live (small town, nowheresville).  When I realized a group at a local church was starting a Bible Study from the First Place group I jumped at the chance.  And though we did do other studies, they were always Bible based.

So...2011 is not just a new start on the weight loss story for me.  I am recommitting my life to Christ, my Lord and my Saviour.  In addition to my two weight loss challenges (one of which I am still researching) I am also participating in Blogging to Bible Study.  The button is on my right sidebar if you are interested in learning more.  This blog will not only track my weight loss, but also my spiritual growth.  I will be posting my challenges for Blogging to Bible study here every week in addition to my weight (hopefully losses).

The plan this year is to:

  • Go to bed by 11pm
  • Wake up and read the Old Testament reading from The NIV Daily Bible
  • Use the Wii Fit Plus (my routine is currently 20 minutes of Yoga and Strength and 30-40 minutes of Aerobics, depending upon the children of course)
  • Be more active with the children (dancing, chasing around, park in the spring, walks when it warms up)
  • Read my New Testament and Psalms/Proverbs readings from The NIV Daily Bible at nap time, plus my Blogging to Bible Study challenge.
  • Possibly get some exercise in during nap time (but I will use this time for blogging too). Probably my Aerobics DVD, or a walk in good weather.  Hoping to get a Step DVD with taxes.
  • Eat at least one salad a day.
  • Cut way back on sweets (this week I am abstaining completely for our church's fast during the Week of Prayer, seeing as I can't fast because I am nursing).
  • Get up and clean or walk or something while I wait for the slow computer to load, instead of twiddling my thumbs.
  • I am looking into the 16 Week Challenge in my book by the First Place author Carole Lewis titled Back on Track
  • No food after dinner, I will allow myself a dessert occasionally, but it has to by at dinner time.
  • No late night snacking.
  • Drink lots of water, including 2 glasses full before each meal.
My goal is to lose at least 60 pounds by the end of 2011.
My short term goal is to lose 10 pounds by the end of the Power of One Challenge on February 23rd.

No comments:

Post a Comment