So...2011 is not just a new start on the weight loss story for me. I am recommitting my life to Christ, my Lord and my Saviour. In addition to my two weight loss challenges (one of which I am still researching) I am also participating in Blogging to Bible Study. The button is on my right sidebar if you are interested in learning more. This blog will not only track my weight loss, but also my spiritual growth. I will be posting my challenges for Blogging to Bible study here every week in addition to my weight (hopefully losses).
The plan this year is to:
- Go to bed by 11pm
- Wake up and read the Old Testament reading from The NIV Daily Bible
- Use the Wii Fit Plus (my routine is currently 20 minutes of Yoga and Strength and 30-40 minutes of Aerobics, depending upon the children of course)
- Be more active with the children (dancing, chasing around, park in the spring, walks when it warms up)
- Read my New Testament and Psalms/Proverbs readings from The NIV Daily Bible at nap time, plus my Blogging to Bible Study challenge.
- Possibly get some exercise in during nap time (but I will use this time for blogging too). Probably my Aerobics DVD, or a walk in good weather. Hoping to get a Step DVD with taxes.
- Eat at least one salad a day.
- Cut way back on sweets (this week I am abstaining completely for our church's fast during the Week of Prayer, seeing as I can't fast because I am nursing).
- Get up and clean or walk or something while I wait for the slow computer to load, instead of twiddling my thumbs.
- I am looking into the 16 Week Challenge in my book by the First Place author Carole Lewis titled Back on Track.
- No food after dinner, I will allow myself a dessert occasionally, but it has to by at dinner time.
- No late night snacking.
- Drink lots of water, including 2 glasses full before each meal.
My goal is to lose at least 60 pounds by the end of 2011.
My short term goal is to lose 10 pounds by the end of the Power of One Challenge on February 23rd.