Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Wednesday Weigh In April 27, 2011

Well, I didn't get any pictures this week.  Could be because the scale went up not down.  I figured the lack of exercise and snacking would catch up to me.  I was really surprised I lost weight the last two weeks.  April has been a really bad month.  So many birthdays.  Plus our anniversary. Then we had a wedding to attend last weekend and Easter with its lovely candy.  Of course there were refreshments at church.  And now, this weekend, we have a baby shower to attend.  And we said we would make the cake!  What was I thinking?!?

Very depressing looking at the weight today.  I gained 2.5 pounds.  I do think I wouldn't have gained as much if I had exercised and then weighed in. But I just didn't have time, again.  I have had quite a few toss and turn nights, only to wake up too late to get any exercise in.  When I did exercise yesterday I started feeling queasy part way through.  Sort of a bummer to see I didn't make the 220 mark yet and I just drifted further away from it.

I can't wait til the next challenge over at the Sisterhood.  In case you are wondering it starts May 1st and they will be sharing details soon.  May 1st is also the start of my little challenge over here at Turn My Life Around.  I am going to be giving away a copy of the book Chicken Soup for the Soul: Shaping the New You.  This prize will go to the person with the biggest percentage of weight loss for the month of May.  All you need to do is sign up over at this post


Previous Weight: 224.4
Today's Weight: 226.9
Weight Loss This Week: Gained 2.5

Total Loss since weight loss journey got serious on December 13th 2010: 35

Here's hoping for a better month in May.  At least there are no birthdays!!!

Don't forget to check out the Shaping Up Weight Loss Challenge

Also linking up to



this week hosted by 

4 comments:

  1. Breathe breathe breathe! Don't be so hard on yourself, it's all about the process and making LIFE changes, not just monthly changes. And, when you mess up, just know that the next day is a fresh start!

    When attending lots of "parties" and such, just be prepared. Take your own snacks if you must, choose the fruit over cake, etc. Little things make a big difference over time. Keep at it!

    Thanks for joining us today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its just a bump in the long road of your journey. You are doing great!! Great loss of 35! That's fantastic! Hope the new challenge adds some motivation for you and keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like Melanie said, it's just a bump in the road. You'll reach your destination; just keep trying! And I think that your honesty in reporting a gain is actually really GOOD; I believe it will help you to move on. So many times I want to hide if I haven't had a successful week but just stating the fact and moving on is probably a much better option! Keep at it!

    ReplyDelete