Thursday, June 7, 2012

Weekly Weigh In- June Tune Up/Weight Loss Wednesdays

June Tune-Up Challenge       

I did it, I did it!!

Not sure how, but I lost 3.5 pounds this past week. Well, I guess I have some ideas, but I didn't do anything drastic (I can't seeing as I am nursing). My biggest hope was that I stop gaining weight by making my small changes I outlined last week in my goals. I know I can't keep up this pace with these small changes, but this felt good and helped a great deal psychologically.  

I haven't done a good job getting my meals written down, but I have been more conscious of what I have been eating. I have started measuring out my food as best I can. The only problem is, it really does take longer to make a meal this way, especially taking into account that I am making meals for the 3 girls and a hubby while trying to get it all done before the baby starts crying again.  

 Here are my goals for June. Let's see how I did.
Green = success
Red= Failure
  1. No snacking after dinner. (Only exception is Saturday for movie and popcorn night.)
  2. Get to bed by 11:00 or soon thereafter depending on baby.
  3. Get moving somehow everyday.
  4. Dessert at lunch is fruit. Most of the time
  5. Dessert at dinner is a healthy snack. Like today we had graham crackers and fat free cool whip. 
  6. I will allow myself a unhealthy dessert once or twice a week (if I am making something with the girls.) We had ice cream the other night but there was such a small amount we also had a graham cracker and cool whip.
  7. I will write down everything I eat. I am not going to attempt to sit down and figure out my calories at this point. But I will keep a record of what I eat.
Let's see, what else did I do. I also added my one morning cup of green tea and started drinking my 2 cups of water before a meal. Okay, okay, I know I should have already been drinking sufficient water because of breastfeeding, but I keep forgetting. Making myself have the 2 cups before a meal helps me to insure I get it in, plus it helps curb the snacking while eating. I have done some snacking between meals (so glad I didn't make a goal not to), but usually it was only if I was hungry. I couldn't believe how hungry I was getting without all the snacking. 

This week, over at Weight Loss Wednesdays the topic is Summer. I am not sure how I am going to do this summer. Two summers ago is when I was gaining weight after having Hannah. Then I lost weight between Dec of that year and May of 2011. Last summer I was pregnant. It's going to be fun seeing how the summer will go. We will get outside to the park and for walks (as long as it decides to stop raining...today is hopeful), but I am not sure what else I will do yet. 

So, my starting weight for this summer of weight loss is 242.1



Down to 238.5
Weight loss- 3.6 pounds!!

I am now 22.4 pounds lighter than my highest weight in Dec of 2010.
Now I just need to get my measurements.

3 comments:

  1. You're doing great! And congratulations on your little one! Precious!

    I, too, am back in the weight loss saddle, so to speak, lol. Going to start my own 90 Day Challenge on my bday, July 1st.

    We can do it! Just hit a little bump in the road, I guess. There are a few of us who have resurrected our blogs lately because of weight gain. Sad to say, though, many on my list have disappeared, too. :(

    Anyway, just wanted to stop by and say: You Go Girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those sound like some great changes and you did great on your goals! And snacking is a necessity with nursing. You need the right amount of calories or you won't lose!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay!!!! Good job! I love your goals. They are simple and easily achievable. And you can see the proof of that in the numbers. Keep up the good work! And thanks for being a part of the WLWed community!

    ReplyDelete