Sunday, June 3, 2012

Time to Refocus and Get Healthy

I hadn't realized it had been so long since I had posted on this poor neglected blog. So, I guess it is time for a little update. Baby Harold was born Feb 17th via c-section. Yes, that is 3 1/2 months ago. Would you like to see a picture of him?


So, he is now 3 1/2 months old and I am almost as heavy as I was when I went in to have him. NOT what I wanted to do. I have tried talking myself into eating better and getting off my duff to exercise, but I just haven't  had the motivation. I am not sure what happened yesterday, but suddenly I was looking for weight loss challenges on blogs again, because I know that accountability and little bit of competition are what helped me before. I know I can't lose a whole heck of a lot too fast as I am nursing, but eating the junk food is one of my big downfalls right now and that isn't great for the baby anyway. So, I figured, if I start eating healthier, don't snack and get moving I will not have any adverse effects on the nursing as it is what I should be doing anyway. And it should lead to weight loss. At least I hope so, seeing as I am joining in on one challenge with a partner.

Anyway, a little bit of a summary of my weight ups and downs.

I was at my lowest weight on July 11, 2011- 217 pounds exactly. 
I started gaining weight with the pregnancy. Gaining a bit more than I wanted to because of the inability to exercise how I wanted to and eating poorly.
Right before the baby was born I weighed in at 246.3 (ouch! The only good thing is I didn't get near as heavy as I did with Hannah. I had been up to 261 with her.)
I lost a good bit giving birth. When I weighed myself when I got home I was down to 228.6.
I had one more week of loss-225.1 before I started gaining weight.
I went from 225.1 to 245.2 between February 27th and May 28th. I was averaging about 2 pounds of weight GAIN a week. That is worse than when I was pregnant for crying out loud. 

I think seeing these numbers and realizing where I was headed is what brought me to my senses. I refuse to get to the same weight I was when the baby was born. No way, no how. Yes, I was a pound away from being as heavy as I was the day before I went in to have the baby. So, I decided it was time to take action and FAST. Time to find some blog challenges. Time to stop the SNACKING. Time to start MOVING. 

I decided I needed to make some small goals. Here are my plans for June. I am so hoping they are going to work.

  1. No snacking after dinner. (Only exception is Saturday for movie and popcorn night.)
  2. Get to bed by 11:00 or soon thereafter depending on baby (yes I know I failed on this tonight).
  3. Get moving somehow everyday.
  4. Dessert at lunch is fruit.
  5. Dessert at dinner is a healthy snack. Like today we had graham crackers and fat free cool whip. 
  6. I will allow myself a unhealthy dessert once or twice a week (if I am making something with the girls.)
  7. I will write down everything I eat. I am not going to attempt to sit down and figure out my calories at this point. But I will keep a record of what I eat.

So, my starting weight for this summer of weight loss is 242.1
I am still 18.8 pounds lighter than my highest weight in Dec of 2010.


No comments:

Post a Comment