Friday, January 1, 2016

Turning My Life Around in 2016

I can not believe it has been 2 years since I posted here. Poor neglected blog. Unfortunately, my last post was about turning my life around in 2014, and it didn't happen. It also didn't happen in 2015. What did happen is that I gained more weight. I am so upset and disappointed in myself right now. But, it is a new year. A new year means a new start. I am going to put the past behind me and start fresh. Not only that, if I mess up one day, or one week, I am going to remember that it does not mean my entire year is ruined. As the Bible reminds us in Lamentations 3, verses 22 and 23:

"It is of the Lord's mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness."

The Lord is merciful and gracious. I need to remember that. He doesn't give up on us, and I can not give up on myself.

I also need to remember the promise in Philippians 4:13:

"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me."

This year is about me getting healthy. "Healthy" is my word of the year.

There are some things I want to get back to and some changes that are going to be new. I have started reading the Trim Healthy Mama book that I was given early last year. I had read a small portion of it last year, after a friend gifted me the book. However, I tried to start without fully understanding the plan, plus I wasn't able to get all the different foods needed. It's not that there are a whole bunch of fancy foods needed. In fact there are those who follow the plan without any special ingredients. I just didn't know that at the time. This week I discovered there is a Trim Healthy Mama group for those who are following the plan without any special ingredients. I also found a Trim Healthy Mama who had a blog titled Gwen's Nest and shares a Quick Start Guide. I am hoping these new resources will help me to stay faithful this year.

Here are my goals for this year.

  • I am going to drink my green tea regularly. Just once a day for now.
  • I am going to make sure I drink at least 8 cups of water each day.
  • I am going to stay as close to on plan as I can when it comes to the Trim Healthy Mama plan.
  • I need to exercise at least 5 times a week.
So, what are your goals for the new year?

I will be sharing monthly updates on how my goals are going, plus I am hoping to share a weekly update, but I am not going to promise that. The weekly update will share what I have been eating during the week and what my weight has been doing (hopefully going down). My monthly posts will also share pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment