Sunday, May 26, 2013

Blogging Through the Alphabet: J is for Juice Recipe


I sort of missed a couple of letters in the Blogging Through the Alphabet Challenge. Oops.
So, I'm going to try again, starting with J. I thought I would share the juice recipe I had come up with after reading about the benefits of cruciferous vegetables. 

Here is some very interesting information I found at whatcookingamerica.net.
"The best juicing recipes for weight loss, should always include ingredients from the cruciferous vegetables list. By giving your body the tools it needs to fight against xenoestrogens, nudging detoxification in the right direction and helping with hormonal balance, cruciferous vegetables are uniquely positioned to promote fat loss in your body."

Here is a list of the recommended cruciferous vegetables:

  • Cauliflower (white or purple)
  • Broccoli (green or purple)
  • Brussels sprouts
  • Kale (green or purple)
  • Bok choy (chinese cabbage or pak choi)
  • Cabbage (green, red or purple)
  • Collards greens
  • Watercress
  • Radish
  • Broccoli sprouts
  • Arugula (rocket)
  • Kohlrabi (white or purple)
  • Mustard greens
  • Turnip
  • Broccoflower
  • Daikon

I use some kale and brussel sprouts regularly and I have added cauliflower and finally found some arugula mixed with spinach. I could not find any on its own.

Here is the one recipe I have come to enjoy.
4 carrots 
2 celery stalks
1/4 red pepper
1 beet (or 1/2 large beet)
1 cucumber
3 brussel sprouts
1 apple (seeds removed)
1/2 head of romaine
big handful of spinach/arugula mix
1 tomato
couple leaves of kale. 

This makes about a quart of juice. 


No comments:

Post a Comment